Whoops! Where did the time go?!? Totally missed posting a September meal so you get double this month! September's snack (shall we call it) has been my go-to before bed chill out lately! I remember my mom giving me warm milk and honey when I was younger before bed some nights so, this is a little tribute to her and a reminder of home, warmth, and comfort! It's quick, easy, and super customizable! Hope you enjoy!
Evening Wind Down:
8-12oz of Raw Milk (or A2 Whole Milk)
1/2 TBSP Maple Syrup or Honey
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
* (Optional add ins: 1/4 tsp Cacao, lavender, chai, Ashwagandha powder, turmeric powder, Lion's Mane powder, or Reishi powder. If you dabble in CBD, you can add that as well!)
- Place all ingredients in a microwave safe mug. Give a little stir and place in microwave to heat for about 1 minute and 30 seconds. If you want it hotter, warm for longer!
* (This can also be warmed on the stove over low-medium heat, stirring frequently.)
- Remove from microwave and stir with a spoon or blend/froth with a handheld electric milk frother.
- Let cool slightly, so you don't burn your tongue. Sip and Savor!
This is perfect to enjoy while you are doing your bed time routine, evening journal session, gratitude list, or just on its own while you wind down for the night. Don't forget to take some time for yourself, even if it is just 5 minutes!