This month's recipe is perfect as the weather starts to cool down. It also makes a really great Thanksgiving appetizer or side dish. Eat it hot or cold- however you prefer! This soup is slightly sweet but, oh so savory! See below for your easy, set it and forget it, Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup!
For this recipe you will need a crock pot and an immersion blender. You could also use an instant pot but I have not tried it myself so I can't speak to the timing! A regular blender works as well if you don't have an immersion blender- just be sure to combine a little at a time and let it cool slightly so you don't spray soup all over your kitchen!
- 1 small (about 4-6 inch long) Butternut Squash peeled, de-seeded, and cubed
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion (white or sweet) chopped
- 2 TBSP chopped garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth (sub Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock)
- 1 13.5oz can of Coconut Cream (sub Coconut Milk)
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder (cayenne)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Add squash, sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic to the pot.
- Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, yellow curry powder, red pepper powder, turmeric powder, rosemary and thyme.
- Add Chicken Bone broth and coconut cream.
- Stir to mix ingredients. Set crockpot on HIGH for about 4 hours. You want your squash and potatoes to be tender.
- Turn off the crockpot and let cool for about 15- 20 minutes. Blend it all together to desired consistency with immersion blender.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- * Optional toppers: a swirl of coconut cream or olive oil, a sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped sage, chopped walnuts or pecans! Share your favorite way in the comments!